Careers at Opimian
We take our role seriously ,
but at times we like to loosen our tie.
Thank you for considering employment with Opimian. You are set on joining our organization that endeavours to help Canadians cultivate their curiosity for wine.
Liquor Board & Supplier Relations
The Liquor Board and Supplier Relations is responsible for one or more functional operations and one or more channels within the coordination and liaison functions with the provincial liquor boards across Canada and suppliers. The Liquor Board and Supplier Relations is responsible for planning and executing the daily activities associated with assigned functional areas within the logistics of the wine shipments for members. The Liquor Board and Supplier Relations manages assigned processes. The Liquor Board and Supplier Relations provides administrative assistance to the Manager, Wine Sourcing & Logistics.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Ensure suppliers needs are met within a timely and responsive manner;
- Act as a motivator for the provincial liquor boards so as to obtain a high quality and dedicated service;
- Negotiate requests with respect to logistics services from suppliers and/or freight forwarders;
- Provide high quality supplier satisfaction with a focus on building relationships;
- Track shipping dates and intervene where required to ensure orders sail at earliest;
- Track arrival of shipments into liquor boards and request paperwork;
- Track shipments until final release date advised;
- Schedule Alberta and Quebec releases on a monthly basis;
- Act as the contact person for any issues that arise regarding shipments or procedures.
Click here for a full job description