Receptionist and Member Service Assistant (Maternity Leave Replacement)
Would you like to work in a dynamic and constantly changing atmosphere for a fast-growing non-profit organization? Opimian, the largest private wine club in Canada, is looking for a Receptionist and Member Service Assistant.
Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Member Experience, the position holder carries out various administrative and reception-related tasks and provides the member experience team with technical support.
- Receive, screen and direct telephone calls; make calls; make a note of messages and forward them to the appropriate parties.
- Greet visitors, provide information, find solutions to specific issues or redirect problems to the person in charge.
- Send out packages/letters via courier; receive packages/letters and distribute to the appropriate departments.
- Update lists, e.g. list of regional representatives, producers, suppliers, etc.
- Update user records for conference rooms and make room reservations.
- Carry out administrative tasks on a daily basis: petty cash report, proof reading, business card orders, employee memos (e.g. janitorial services), etc.
- Place office supply orders for all employees.
- Provide information on Opimian (e.g. respond to people who may be interested in becoming a member).
- Assist the member experience team with updates to basic member profiles (new contact information, address changes, etc.).
- Place wine orders for members without Internet access and submit orders to the member experience team.
- Prepare and send out welcome gift packages to new members.
- Follow up with members, in collaboration with the member experience team, on various issues (rejected credit cards, membership renewal, etc.).
Required experience and qualifications
- College training in office systems or a related field.
- Five years of relevant experience as an administrative assistant or member services.
- In-depth knowledge of Office suite software.
- Proficient in English and French (oral/written).
- Good writing and oral communication skill
- Able to work autonomously without supervision.
- Comfortable in a fast-changing/growing environment..
- Able to work as a team and foster collaboration.
- Committed and available.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized and able to take structured action.
- Self-starter and proactive in the workplace.