Careers at Opimian
Opimian is looking for a Coordinator, Logistics and Supplier Relations
Under the supervision of the Director of Wine Procurement and Logistics, the position holder will be responsible for managing logistical operations in connection with wine deliveries in Canada and relations with provincial liquor boards, marine carriers and suppliers.
• Coordinate delivery logistics for wine samples used in tastings with producers and the wine expert.
• Provide producers with wine shipping criteria in Canada and the regulations to be complied with.
• Provide each producer with weekly reports on wine sales from each cellar.
• Provide the producers with sales figures for each cellar in each Canadian province.
• Respond to producers' queries about deliveries and wine shipping logistics in Canada.
• Develop and maintain excellent relations with each producer.
• Ensure the logistical coordination of deliveries with each producer.
• Coordinate and ensure logistical follow-up with transporters for wine deliveries (from supplier to transporter).
• Record logistical data for each delivery (e.g. weight, fees, available space, damage/variance) for reporting, accounting and bookkeeping purposes.
• Update the wine delivery status record (departure of marine transport to Canada).
• Ensure logistical coordination of wine deliveries to Canadian ports.
• Ensure logistical liaison for wine orders with liquor boards across Canada.
• Ensure that members can pick up their wine orders from liquor board outlets across Canada.
• Serve as contact person for any issues involving wine deliveries and logistical procedures.
• Take a proactive approach to problem solving involving producers, liquor boards and marine transporters.
• Follow up on billing with producers.
• Plan and manage all logistical activities and ensure delivery status within the prescribed deadlines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Junior college diploma (Quebec DEC).
• Three to five years of experience in the areas of project management and logistical coordination.
• High level of client service.
• Rigour and very well organized.
• Proven ability to spearhead multiple projects.
• Proficient in English and French (oral/written).
• Comfortable in a fast-changing and developing environment.
• Passionate about wine production and good knowledge of the wine industry in general.
• Able to work as a team and foster collaboration.
• Spirit of initiative, available, diplomatic.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Self-starter and proactivity in the workplace.
• Sense of responsibility.
• Optimistic and positive outlook.
• Sense of priorities and solution-oriented.
Interested persons should apply by sending their résumé and cover letter via email [email protected]